The Wisden Dictionary of Cricket
More than just a dictionary, this definitive A- Z cricket glossary features cricket idioms, cricket in literature, and cricketing quotations,...
- ISBN: 9780713679151
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Author Michael Rundell
- Publisher A & C BLACK Publishing
- Binding Paperback
MRP Rs1,079.00 Our Price Rs865.00
USUALLY DISPATCHED IN 2-3 DAYS
GUARANTEE: NO PIRACY OR USED BOOKS
Rs 49 FOR BOOK VALUE BELOW RS 400
Rs 99 FOR BOOK VALUE Rs 400 & ABOVE
WE ACCEPT PAYMENT BY
Do you know?
- the difference between a chinaman and a doosra?
- where to find cow corner, the V, and the corridor of uncertainty?
- what Nelson, Merlyn and Michelle have to do with cricket?
- how to get a ball to reverse-swing, or how the Duckworth/Lewis method works?
- the origin of yorker, googly, and third man?
The \"Wisden Dictionary of Cricket\" is the definitive guide to the noble game. This fully updated third edition is not only an A-Z guide to all things cricket, it also includes illustrations showing positions and strategy, and quotations from cricket literature worldwide - from 18th century match reports right up to the Darrell Hair affair.
It will appeal to anyone with an interest in the game - from the seasoned aficionado to the youngest new recruit. If you\'ve ever wondered why a batsman can expect a jaffa on a bunsen, or how to go aerial when you\'re on a shirtfront? this is the book for you.