Indian Philosophy: Volume 2-Second Edition
This classic work is a general introduction to Indian philosophy that covers the Vedic and Epic periods, including expositions on the hymns...
- ISBN: 9780195698428
- Availability: In Stock
- Author S. Radhakrishnan
- Publisher Oxford University Press
- Binding Paperback
MRP Rs525.00 Our Price Rs441.00
USUALLY DISPATCHED IN 2-3 DAYS
GUARANTEE: NO PIRACY OR USED BOOKS
Rs 49 FOR BOOK VALUE BELOW RS 400
Rs 99 FOR BOOK VALUE Rs 400 & ABOVE
WE ACCEPT PAYMENT BY
This classic work is a general introduction
to Indian philosophy that covers the Vedic and Epic periods, including
expositions on the hymns of the Rig Veda, the Upanisads, Jainism, Buddhism and
the theism of the Bhagvadgita. Long acknowledged as a classic, this pioneering
survey of Indian thought charts a fascinating course through an intricate
history. From the Rig Veda to Ramanuja, Radhakrishnan traces the development of
Indian philosophy as a single tradition of thought through the ages. The author
showcases ancient philosophical texts and relates them to contemporary issues
of philosophy and religion. This second edition with a new Introduction by
eminent philosopher J.N. Mohanty, highlights the continuing relevance of the
work and the philosophic tradition it represents.
· Author well-known philosopher and former President of India.
· Has new Introduction by renowned philosopher J.N. Mohanty.
· Reissued with contemporary format and design.
· A recognized classic.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Six Brahmanical Systems
2. The Logical Realism of the Nyaya
3. The Atomistic Pluralism of the Vaisesika
4. The Samkhya System
5. The Yoga System of Patañjali
6. The Purva Mimamsa
7. The Vedanta Sutra
8. The Advaita Vedanta of Samkara
9. The Theism of Ramanuja
10. The Saiva, the Sakta, and the Later Vaisnava Theism
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|