Essays-Civil Services (Main) Examinations
Essays for Civil Services Main Examinations is a comprehensive text for aspirants of Civil Services and various States’ PSC Examinations....
- ISBN: 9789350356593
- Availability: In Stock
- Author Showick Thorpe
- Publisher Lexis Nexis India
- Binding Paperback
MRP Rs495.00 Our Price Rs421.00
USUALLY DISPATCHED IN 2-3 DAYS
GUARANTEE: NO PIRACY OR USED BOOKS
Rs 49 FOR BOOK VALUE BELOW RS 400
Rs 99 FOR BOOK VALUE Rs 400 & ABOVE
WE ACCEPT PAYMENT BY
Essays for Civil Services Main Examinations is a comprehensive text for
aspirants of Civil Services and various States’ PSC Examinations.
Mapped to the UPSC syllabus, the text provides a unique approach to essay writing. The text has been divided into four sections: Start-Up Notes, Sample essays, Essay bank and Appendices. Start-up notes contains material that is recommended for readers to keep referring while preparing for other subjective or descriptive papers. Part-A contains 10 selected essays on different topics. Part-B contains a variety of important essay prompts and suggested essays. Part-C provides information and a list of essay topics and quotations that you can use while writing and developing essays.
The approach followed in the book is to stick to the topics that are generally asked by the UPSC and to help aspirant’s build-up their writing skills, gain topic-based acumen and build information repositories to grasp the essay topics comprehensively.
● Provides introduction to writing good essays with skill-booster tips and techniques
● Introduces ‘Thought Organizers’ as an effective tool for researching and developing essays during the test preparation stage and can also be used as a useful revisionary tool
● Analysis of different writing styles, through multi-essays on single topics that allows you to pick a style that suits your opinion building and writing skills
● Well-toned ‘Essay Bank’ of different topics that have been aligned with the format of the previous year’s papers
● Useful information in the appendices at the end of the book to help you hone your essay writing skills
● Introduces ‘Essay Extensions’ that are margins to be used to jot down research points for building better essays
● 100+ Essays, of which a good number of essay prompts are regularly asked by the UPSC in its various examinations
New to the edition:
● The word length has been reduced from 2500 words to 1200 words – as per the new notification of UPSC Civil Services Examinations
● 10 Essay prompts where two or more different essays have been provided – 3 new essay prompts have been included
● Essay Summaries that are readymade summaries to help you revise the essays quickly
● Thought Extensions are an interactive tool that will lend dynamism and progressive nature in the right direction for building high scoring essays
About the Author
Showick Thorpe is an expert in creating study material for
competitive examinations in India. With an engineering degree (B. Tech,
EEE) from Punjab Engineering College and a master’s degree in business
administration (MBA), he has immense experience in generating
preparation material for competitive exams, by interlinking concepts in a
way that enables readers to logically imbibe conceptual interconnects
rather than commit vast amounts of disconnected data to their limited
Thorpes is a quality-based knowledge-content brand, managed by Showick. His company is a pioneer in the creation, procurement and delivery of test-prep content for various competitive examinations. Showick has authored more than 90 books in English and other languages, catering to competitive examinations and career development.
|Publisher||Lexis Nexis India|