Environment And Ecology-A Complete Guide (Civil Services-Preliminary And Main Examinations)
Environment and Ecology is truly a Complete Guide on this subject for the UPSC Preliminary and Main Examinations. It will...
- ISBN: 9789350357583
- Availability: In Stock
- Author R. Rajagopalan
- Publisher Lexis Nexis India
- Binding Paperback
MRP Rs445.00 Our Price Rs395.00
USUALLY DISPATCHED IN 2-3 DAYS
GUARANTEE: NO PIRACY OR USED BOOKS
Rs 49 FOR BOOK VALUE BELOW RS 400
Rs 99 FOR BOOK VALUE Rs 400 & ABOVE
WE ACCEPT PAYMENT BY
As demanded by the questions asked in the UPSC examination, the book has a strong focus on India, even while it covers the major international issues. It covers government policies, laws, and regulations in a comprehensive manner.
This book has been written in a prescriptive manner to facilitate an analytical understating of the topics. Question-answer format has been used to make the learning more interactive and synergistic. Written in simple and lucid language, the book will serve as a comprehensive reference for those appearing in the civil services examination.
- Chapters based on an analysis of all the environment-related questions in the Preliminary and Main Examinations from 1987 to 2015.
- Current affairs and recent developments related to Environment and Ecology.
- Lead Stories to improve understanding while creating an interest in the topic.
- Answers to the questions of the Preliminary Examination from the year 1987 to 2015, with comments where necessary.
- Model answers for the 2014 and 2015 questions.
- Unique strategy for the examination based on an analysis of the past questions.
- Guide to critical thinking needed for the Main Examination.
- Support from the Online Resource Centre comprising information on major international conferences, noted environmentalists, environmental calendar, etc.
About the Author
R.Rajagopalan, a former Professor at IIT Madras, is the author of 14 books on environment for schools, colleges, and the general public. At IIT Madras, he was also the Director of International Ocean Institute (IOI India) and coordinated several international ocean- and environment-related courses and workshops. He continues to be active, giving presentations and conducting workshops on environment for school and college teachers as well as the public across the country. He is a regular facilitator at Initiatives of Change, Panchgani, where he has made presentations on environment to over 300 IAS and other Civil Services officers since 2008.
|Publisher||Lexis Nexis India|