Measurement and Assessment in Education
The text includes an introduction to the basic mathematics of measurement, and expands traditional coverage to include a thorough discussion...
- ISBN: 9788120343504
- Availability: In Stock
- Author Willson Victor , Reynolds Cecil R. , Livingston Ronald B.
- Publisher PHI Learning Private Limited
- Binding Paperback
MRP Rs425.00 Our Price Rs361.00
USUALLY DISPATCHED IN 2-3 DAYS
GUARANTEE: NO PIRACY OR USED BOOKS
Rs 49 FOR BOOK VALUE BELOW RS 400
Rs 99 FOR BOOK VALUE Rs 400 & ABOVE
WE ACCEPT PAYMENT BY
The text includes an introduction to the basic mathematics of measurement, and expands traditional coverage to include a thorough discussion of performance and portfolio assessments, a complete presentation of assessment accommodations for students with disabilities, and a practical discussion of professional best practices in educational measurement.
This Second Edition employs a pragmatic approach to the study of educational tests and measurement so that teachers can understand essential psychometric concepts and be able to apply them in the classroom.
Highlights of this text:
- User friendly text helping students to master the more technical aspects of educational assessment.
- Ethical principles, legal issues, and professional standards relevant to classroom assessment are covered thoroughly.
- An entire chapter is devoted to the use of assessments for students with disabilities.
- Contemporary issues regarding the assessment of students are covered in detail.
- Numerous pedagogical devices such as exercises, cases, and end-of-chapter problems are included throughout the text so that students can explore topics further.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to Educational Assessment
Chapter 2: The Basic Mathematics of Measurement
Chapter 3: The Meaning of Text Scores
Chapter 4: Reliability for Teachers
Chapter 5: Validity for Teachers
Chapter 6: Item Analysis for Teachers
Chapter 7: The Initial Steps in Developing a Classroom Text
Chapter 8: The Development and Use of Selected-Response Items
Chapter 9: The Development and Use of Constructed-Response Items
Chapter 10: Performance Assessments and Portfolios
Chapter 11: Assigning Grades on the Basis of Classroom Assessments
Chapter 12: Standardized Achievement Tests in the Era of High-Stakes Assessment
Chapter 13: The Use of Aptitude Tests in the Schools
Chapter 14: Assessment of Behavior and Personality
Chapter 15: Assessment Accommodations
Chapter 16: The Problem of Bias in Educational Assessment
Chapter 17: Best Practices in Educational Assessment
|Author||Willson Victor , Reynolds Cecil R. , Livingston Ronald B.|
|Publisher||PHI Learning Private Limited|