Applied Psychology in Human Resource Management
Features Personnel psychology approach—seeks to make organizations more effective and satisfying places to work. Technology, strategy, globalization and social responsibility themes throughout—provides...
- ISBN: 9788120333710
- Availability: In Stock
MRP Rs425.00 Our Price Rs374.00
USUALLY DISPATCHED IN 2-3 DAYS
Rs 49 FOR BOOK VALUE BELOW RS 400
Rs 99 FOR BOOK VALUE Rs 400 & ABOVE
WE ACCEPT PAYMENT BY
This popular international interdisciplinary-oriented, research-based textbook on personnel psychology has been used for 25 years now. The text material is presented elegantly in theoretical, statistical for psychometric framework. The book reflects the state-of-the-art developments in personnel psychology and the dramatic changes that has recently characterized the field, and outlines a forward-looking, progressive model towards which HR specialist should aim.
- Interdisciplinary-oriented, research based approach— provides balanced coverage of the conventional scientific procedures with fundamentals of psychological theory.
- Personnel psychology approach—seeks to make organizations more effective and satisfying places to work.
- Forward-looking, progressive presentation—integrated with statistical, psychometric and psychological theories. This provides students with a comprehensive and practical approach that challenges the field to advance, rather than to simply document past practice.
- Technology, strategy, globalization and social responsibility themes throughout—provides students with a holistic view of the field.
- Completely revised and updated—with more than 500 new references since the last edition.
- Broader performance management emphasis replaces performance appraisal approach—to provide more accurate and objective assessment.
- In-depth treatment of differential prediction— offers students specific suggestions to improve the accuracy of the differential-prediction test and suggestions on how to minimize adverse impact.
- International dimensions of applied psychology chapter added—emphasizing five main areas; identification of potential for international management, selection for international assignments, cross cultural training and development, performance management, and repatriation.