Research is a longstanding and well-recognized function of universities but in recent years the research context has altered dramatically, and...
- ISBN: 9780071077484
- Availability: In Stock
- Author Robert W. Bushaway
- Publisher Tata Mcgraw Hill Publishing Co Ltd
- Binding Paperback
- ADD-Shipping Charges 99
MRP Rs500.00 Our Price Rs440.00
USUALLY DISPATCHED IN 2-3 DAYS
GUARANTEE: NO PIRACY OR USED BOOKS
Rs 49 FOR BOOK VALUE BELOW RS 400
Rs 99 FOR BOOK VALUE Rs 400 & ABOVE
WE ACCEPT PAYMENT BY
Research is a longstanding and well-recognized function of universities
but in recent years the research context has altered dramatically, and
research policy, funding and management have become ever more complex.
This book helps us to understand the changes in and complexity of
managing research in universities.
Managing Research provides practical help and guidance to researchers, research directors and heads of department, research managers, administrators, senior university managers, research support professionals and other higher education staff with responsibilities for research at strategic levels. It is the authoritative and comprehensive guide to this complex field.
The book is based on Robert Bushaway's dozen years experience of leading a Research and Enterprise Services office in a major UK research-led university.
He addresses such key questions as:
- How should research in universities be organized, supported and managed?
- How should external funding be obtained?
- What are the operational difficulties universities face in seeking research grants or in research contracting and how can these be overcome?
Table of Contents
- Introduction The research context
- Postgraduate research
- Grant-aided research
- Contract research
- Leading and managing research
- Supporting research
- The making of a university strategy
- for research
|Author||Robert W. Bushaway|
|Publisher||Tata Mcgraw Hill Publishing Co Ltd|