Administrative Theories and Management Thought-3rd Edition
The Third Edition of this well-received text encompasses the manifold administrative theories and management thought propounded and enunciated by administrative...
- ISBN: 9788120347342
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Author R.K. Sapru
- Publisher PHI Learning Private Limited
- Binding Paperback
- ADD-Shipping Charges 99
MRP Rs550.00 Our Price Rs484.00
USUALLY DISPATCHED IN 2-3 DAYS
Rs 49 FOR BOOK VALUE BELOW RS 400
Rs 99 FOR BOOK VALUE Rs 400 & ABOVE
WE ACCEPT PAYMENT BY
The Third Edition of this well-received text encompasses the manifold administrative theories and management thought propounded and enunciated by administrative and management thinkers over the past several decades. The text incorporates major additions and revisions to make it more up-to-date, comprehensive and reader-friendly.
What's New to This Edition
- Addition of five new chapters to enlarge the scope of the book.
- A revised chapter on Public Choice Theory.
- The text not only gives a complete and up-to-date analysis of administrative theories, but also introduces the reader to new concepts, approaches and techniques in public administration. Undergraduate and postgraduate students of public administration, and postgraduate students of political science and management should find this fully revised text to be of immense value.
About the Author
R.K. SAPRU (PhD, Public Administration) is formerly Professor and Head, Department of Public Administration, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Dr. Sapru has more than three decades of teaching experience, and is a life member of Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA) and the Indian Society of Health Administration. He has contributed over 50 articles in national and international journals, and has to his credit several books on Development Administration, Theories of Administration, Public Policy and Indian Administration.
Table of ContentsPart I: Introduction
1. Toward a Theory of Public Administration
2. Public Administration: An Overview as a Discipline
3. Public Administration: Theoretical Aspects
4. Public and Private Administration: The Dichotomy
5. Politics-Administration Dichotomy
6. Public Administration: Interdisciplinary Nature
Part II: Administrative and Management Thinkers
7. Kautilya: Administrative Content in Arthasastra
8. Woodrow Wilson: The PoliticsAdministration Dichotomy
9. Max Weber: The Bureaucratic Theory
10. Frederick Taylor: The Scientific Theory of Management
11. Henri Fayol: Principles of Administration
12. Gulick and Urwick: Organizational Principles
13. Mary Follett: The Group Dynamics
14. Elton Mayo: The Human Relations Approach
15. Chester Barnard: Organizations as Cooperative Social Systems
16. Herbert Simon: A Decision-Making Perspective
17. Douglas McGregor: Theories X and Y for Human Motivation
18. Abraham Maslow: Hierarchy of Needs Theory
19. Frederick Herzberg: Motivation-Hygiene Theory
20. Rensis Likert: Participative Management Systems
Part III: Approaches to Public Administration
Part IV: ADMINISTRATIVE BEHAVIOUR
Part V: Public Administration: The New Paradigm
|Publisher||PHI Learning Private Limited|