A Glossary of Literary Terms-11th Edition
First published over fifty years ago, A GLOSSARY OF LITERARY TERMS remains an essential text for all serious students of...
- ISBN: 9788131526354
- Availability: In Stock
- Author M. H. Abrams , Geoffrey Galt Harpham
- Publisher Cengage Learning India Pvt Ltd
- Binding Paperback
MRP Rs250.00 Our Price Rs222.00
USUALLY DISPATCHED IN 2-3 DAYS
GUARANTEE: NO PIRACY OR USED BOOKS
Rs 49 FOR BOOK VALUE BELOW RS 400
Rs 99 FOR BOOK VALUE Rs 400 & ABOVE
WE ACCEPT PAYMENT BY
First published over fifty years ago, A GLOSSARY OF LITERARY TERMS remains an essential text for all serious students of literature. Now fully updated to reflect the latest scholarship on recent and rapidly evolving critical theories, the eleventh edition contains a complete glossary of essential literary terms presented as a series of engaging, beautifully crafted essays that explore the terms, place them in context and suggest related entries and additional reading. This indispensable, authoritative and highly affordable reference covers terms useful in discussing literature and literary history, theory and criticism. Perfect as a core text for introductory literary theory or as a supplement to any literature course, this classic work is an invaluable reference that students can continue to use throughout their academic and professional careers.
- The alphabetical organization makes this comprehensive text remarkably convenient and easy to use.
- Each literary term is defined in a short, reader-friendly essay to help students develop a broad understanding.
- Within each entry, boldfaced type indicates terms for which the entry provides the principal discussion, while italics identify terms discussed more fully elsewhere in the text, making it easy to place the reading in context and locate additional useful information.
- Over 20 new entries reflect cutting-edge thought on recent and rapidly evolving critical theories, making it easy for instructors to teach these emerging ideas and for students to grasp and apply them.
- The lists of suggested readings appended to the entries have been expanded and updated to keep pace with current scholarship and provide more current and wide-ranging opportunities for further exploration.
- Countless terms and essays have been extended and revised for clarity, usefulness and preservation of the book's overall character.
M. H. Abrams is a distinguished scholar who has written prize-winning books on eighteenth and nineteenth-century literature, literary criticism and European Romanticism. He also is General Editor for The Norton Anthology of English Literature. In addition, M. H. Abrams has been the recipient of Guggenheim, Ford Foundation and Rockefeller Postwar fellowships and the Award for Literature by the American Academy of Arts and Letters (1990).
Geoffrey Galt Harpham is the director of the National Humanities Center. The recipient of fellowships from the American Council of Learned Societies, the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Guggenheim Foundation, he has written extensively in the fields of literary criticism, critical theory and intellectual history. Among his many books are On the Grotesque, One of Us - The Mastery of Joseph Conrad and the Humanities and the Dream of America.
|Author||M. H. Abrams , Geoffrey Galt Harpham|
|Publisher||Cengage Learning India Pvt Ltd|