A Dictionary of Environment and Conservation
Thoroughly revised and updated to include the latest research in the field, A Dictionary of Environment and Conservation provides over...
- ISBN: 9780199641666
- Availability: In Stock
- Author Michael Allaby, Chris Park
- Publisher Oxford University Press
- Binding Paperback
- ADD-Shipping Charges 99
MRP Rs495.00 Our Price Rs436.00
USUALLY DISPATCHED IN 2-3 DAYS
Rs 49 FOR BOOK VALUE BELOW RS 400
Rs 99 FOR BOOK VALUE Rs 400 & ABOVE
WE ACCEPT PAYMENT BY
Thoroughly revised and updated to include the latest research in the field, A Dictionary of Environment and Conservation provides over 9,000 alphabetically arranged entries on scientific and social aspects of the environment, including concise and authoritative information on key thinkers, treaties, movements, organizations, concepts, and theories. For the second edition, Allaby has added over 700 new entries, including "aerial plankton," "cyclone collector," "oasis," and "supertramp." The dictionary also features many useful appendices that provide sources of online data on the environment, international environment treaties, the Beaufort scale of wind strength, a geological time-scale, the chemical elements, and SI units. In addition, readers have access to recommended web links that are listed and regularly updated on a dedicated companion website. The book also includes line drawings to illustrate entries. Covering such key subjects as sustainable development, biodiversity, and environmental ethics, the dictionary provides state-of-the-art information for readers interested in environmental science, conservation studies, and related topics.
- Thoroughly revised and updated to include the latest research
- Over 700 entries new to this edition, including aerial plankton, cyclone collector, oasis, and supertramp
- Social as well as scientific focus: comprehensive coverage of the social aspect of environmental science (including treaties, organisations, and agencies relating to the environment) as well as ecology
- Appendices provide sources of online data on the environment, international environment treaties, the Beaufort scale of wind strength, the Saffir-Simpson hurricane scale, the Fujita scale of tornado intensity, the Torino asteroid and comet impact hazard scale, the Richter earthquake magnitude and modified Mercalli earthquake intensity scales, a geological time-scale, the chemical elements, and SI units and conversions
- Includes line drawings to illustrate entries
About the Author
Michael Allaby has written many books on environmental science and especially on climatology and meteorology. He is the General Editor of several Oxford Dictionaries, including the Dictionaries of Earth Sciences, Ecology, Plant Sciences, and Zoology.
Chris Park is a Professor Emeritus at Lancaster University where he was Director of the Graduate School from 2001 to 2009. His books include The Environment: Principals and Applications.
|Author||Michael Allaby, Chris Park|
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|